Earn While You Learn!
Scripps Howard Communications Internship
College juniors and seniors majoring in communications, journalism, marketing and related fields -- here's your chance to get hands-on, professional experience while you are still in school. Behringer-Crawford Museum has an opening for a paid communications intern funded by the Scripps Howard Foundation.
The successful applicant will spend 10-15 hours per week during the spring, summer or fall 2020 semesters working in the museum's marketing department creating awareness and "buzz"about the museum and its programs via a variety of communication strategies. Strong writing skills. creative thinking and computer literacy are musts.
About Behringer-Crawford Museum
Behringer-Crawford Museum is a family-friendly museum in Covington, KY. Its interactive exhibits provide a trip through Northern Kentucky's history from prehistoric mammoth fossils to early settlement, the Civil War and the 20th century. BCM presents a broad range of ongoing creative, innovative and fascinating exhibits and educational programs for all ages, including our Music@BCM Concert Series, freshART, Holiday Toy Trains, summer camps, tours and other events.
- Create awareness and buzz in the community about Behringer-Crawford Museum and its programs by assisting with development and implementation of marketing strategies focused on increasing
museum exposure, targeting new audiences, and establishing new partnerships.
- Strategies may include social media, e-newsletters, online calendars, websites, broadcast, newspapers, magazines, direct mailings, events and other marketing avenues..
- Promote partnerships within the community by establishing and maintaining personal connections with members of local and regional organizations and institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum junior status.
- Creative thinker and writer.
- Concentration in journalism and/or marketing preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Social media, graphic design, photography and/or video experience highly desirable.
- Being highly computer-literate and adaptable is required.
- Able to work independently and be self-directed as well as an effective member of a committee..
- Experience with websites and social media outlets strongly preferred.
- Flexible schedule, with some weekends
Please send your resume/CV along with three writing samples to: